Monday, August 15, 2005

Still Jobless and other going-ons...

Sooooooo... Still ain't got a job. Can't even seem to get an interview. But it has only been two weeks. Still, Juris doctorate and still jobless... makes me listen to Kanye West's "College Dropout" CD with a whole new energy.
Y'all, if I end up at the Cheesecake Factory as "a mutha-f%@*in' waiter there," than I have truly slipped.
-----------
So, last week had to be the most rollercoaster-like week I have ever had.
A friend, who I thought I was losing, was actually happy to hear from me when I called last Wednesday. It was great. We had a good little conversation. She told me she had been meaning to call me and I told her I missed her ("Awww, you're so sweet.").

But then I received a call that same day that made the whole week go to garbage. Another friend of mine called me late that night crying. She asked if she could stay with me for the night. Now this seemed very strange since she had an apartment and she also had a fiance who she could stay with. So, of course all types of things are running into your head - was she hurt? did someone break into her apartment? did her fiance hit her? By the time I asked her what had happened she decided that she should not stay with me for fear that she would get in my way. I begged her to stay with me (note: I have never begged a woman to stay in my home ever before; even better note: I have never had a woman call me asking to stay the night with me), but she said no, she didn't want to inconvenience me. Then she hung up on me. I haven't heard from her since.
I have never felt so useless and helpless in my life. Here is my friend, in need of help, and I can't help her. That is not a good feeling. I'm really worried about her. I hope I hear from her soon.

What a bad week....

No comments: