Thursday, May 19, 2005

a note on friendship

You know, friendship is a weird thing. It can be very delicate or very strong. I think for some people friendship is about calling each other on the phone everyday, going out with each other every weekend, and stuff like that. But really, isn't friendship more about being counted on when needed. Whether it's the big things or the little things, friends are there when you need them. There was a girl in college who told me that "You're always on time." I guess that's what being a friend is, it's like that damn Ja Rule song, "I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time."

Unfortunately, I think I have failed to be "on time" enough for one of my friends... Though she hasn't told me anything, I can feel her slowly drawing away. The funny thing is that when I really needed her I never called on her. Not because I didn't think she would help me, but because she was always my ace in the whole, and I never wanted to bother her with anything trivial because I knew if I needed anyone for a big favor, she would be the first person I knew would come through for me. It is actually kind of weird when you think about it. I probably value her friendship the most of any person I have met the last three years or so, yet I may lose her friendship so quickly.

I guess that is just another lesson in life...

No comments: