Tuesday, May 17, 2005

My Last Will and Testament for HUSL 2005

I leave my hope for the future of the law school to Angela A. (Class of 2007) – thank you Angie for reminding me of why I came to the HUSL – you are special! Always keep me in touch. I bequeath “my office” (the Rhatt) to Keitha J, Princess W (both Class of 2006) and Rosalyn R; please cherish it in all your days here.

To Yaida (What up, Yai?!), I leave a big pot of Jerk Chicken (smile) – You have been a true blessing this last year; you are an embodiment of grace. To my favorite Scorpio home girl, Shayla S, I bequeath those weird chairs in Classroom 3 that had us attached like Siamese twins during Sales – thanks for everything you’ve done for me – I’m sure we were twins in a previous life.
To Lisa, Tiffany, Monika, Jeremy, and Liz, I leave a gold plated replica of our table in the Rhatt during our first year… those were the days… I have a lot of love for y’all.
To Raina J (Class of 2006), I leave the gifts and virtues of PATIENCE and POSITIVITY, and I promise to cook dinner for you on your next birthday if you promise to add more food to your diet – you were a great adopted mentee; I luv ya, “Rains.”

To my closest buddies, Kayonia and Alexei, thanks for the great times filled with music, love and food – we were an interesting trio (the cynical Russian, the Afro-centric radical, and the choir director); love you both. Kayonia, you are the dearest person I have ever met; thanks for always looking out for me.

To Joel B, thanks for the laughs and insight, brother; take care of your beautiful daughter.

To Professor Dark, I leave you your very own video projector to do PowerPoint presentations so your lesson plans are never spoiled again; thanks for everything in helping me become a better student.

To Onjil, thanks for allowing me to be your confidant in all things – don’t turn the page without me being in the next chapter – you know what I mean.

To Section 3, much Love!
To the men and women of Class of 2006, 2007, and 2008, I leave LOVE – Love each other, love with each other, love for each other – we will not progress as a community if we are at each other’s throats.

- Jason Grant

No comments: