Friday, March 24, 2006

Updates

I know for the possibly two people who might read this blog every once in a while I must be a complete disappointment. I have been very busy over the last two months and have completely neglected my blog, so here is an update.

Two months ago, I started working at a law office in Northern Virginia. It's an okay job. I don't get paid that much (even though I am a lawyer), but I am getting a lot of experience.

I have been trying to plan my future beyond working in this law office. If I stay there till 2007, it will be a small miracle. I hope to get a job at a non-profit, since I want to start my own non-profit down the road. Right now, I'm just trying to get by; pay some bills; learn some new stuff; meet some new people.
_________________

On another note, I really haven't been able to be very social lately. What was funny when I was unemployed was that I wouldn't go out because I didn't have any money and was slightly depressed because I didn't have a job. Now I have a job, but I still don't have a lot of money and now I don't have a lot of time. When I do have time, my friends don't have time - I need some new friends... friends who aren't lawyers!
_________________

I have also been bothered by the fact that I seem to not be able to contact some of my closest friends. Either we are all too busy or there are things going on in their lives which have limited there ability to answer the phone or return a damn phone call. Either way, it's annoying. I suspect that one of my closest female friends doesn't answer the phone when I call because she doesn't want her fiancee to see her talking to another man. I could be wrong, but I have a bad feeling that I am absolutely right.

No comments: